Frame & Rolling Chassis Kits - An Overview
Whenever we have an opportunity to build particularly interesting one-off chassis that we think would have wider appeal, we try to create a "kit" that can be purchased from us. These kits are particularly popular with customers who may have a damaged production road bike, or just fancy something different from the usual crop of lookalike bikes available in dealer showrooms.
These kits are usually available in two basic versions:
1. The Frame Kit contains the essentials for building your own bike. The exact content may vary depending on the application but always includes the frame and engine cradle (when applicable) and often the front and rear subframes, the suspension linkages, and even a bespoke tank, yokes and stem.
2. The Rolling Chassis Kit is more comprehensive than the frame kits and constitutes a complete rolling chassis, including wheels, suspension, brakes, tank, radiator, electricals, etc. In other words, just about everything except the engine and body work. The exact content will vary depending on the application.
For all kits, please the individual kits for exact contents. If you want to omit certain items, we are more than happy to work with you to provide you exactly what you need.
We currently have the ability to produce the following kits. Keep in mind that these kits are built to order and lead times will vary depending on the kit and our workshop schedule at the time of order. We will give you a good-faith time estimate for delivery and we have a pretty good record of meeting the projected timeline.
A kit to build a replica of the iconic Yamaha YZR500 GP bike based around an RD500 with modern geometry and suspension components (not yet released)
These will be very limited production and we are taking deposits now - only very few left!
A kit to build a replica of the iconic Honda NSR500 GP bike using a RG500 engine with modern geometry and suspension components (not yet released)
These will be very limited production and we are taking deposits now
What is included?
Typically, our frame kits consist of the following:
- The main frame, designed for a specific engine, swinging arm, and front end
- The tank, or fuel cell with tank cover
- The rear subframe and seat cowling if not an off-the-shelf item
- Swinging arm and suspension linkage. if not designed for the production items
- A fixing kit for all the fasteners, etc. needed to bolt everything together
This obviously depends on the content of each kit. As a guide, our basic frame kits tends to be in the range of £3000-5000 (British Pounds). A deposit of 30% is required at time of order. The price of the rolling chassis kits are very much dependant on customer specification as suspension components and wheel type greatly affects this, for example. Please make an enquiry to discuss your requirements.