Progress on the wiring loom
As I am using a new ECU (Ignitech) and replacing the TZR clocks with the YZF-R125 clocks, it was easier to just start from scratch on the wiring loom. It will certainly make it tidier as opposed to splicing into the standard loom. Plus, with virtually every electrical component being relocated, there really wasn't any other choice. So, in the old tradition of making wiring looms (learned this many moons ago) I measured the lengths of all the loom runs and placed nails accordingly on a piece of plywood. The wires are all new and were sourced from Kojakat, whom I can easily recommend.
Here is the loom prior to wrapping.
Of course, making a new loom from scratch, also meant that I needed to create a new wiring diagram. And here is that:
You'll note that aside from the Ignitech ECU and the YZF-R125 clocks, it has a few new electrical components .
An electric water pump:
This is mainly to avoid having to excessively cut the bodywork if I were to use the standard TZ350 water pump. It also save a bit of weight. I am using the same water pump that I've used on the 95Racer.
Well, because I like it, and the Ignitech ECU directly supports it.
A second water temperature sensor:
As there is no fuel sensor in the TZR tank (just the usual fuel reserve tap), I converted the existing fuel gauge in the YZF-R125 clocks into a temperature gauge. This saves me having to install a separate temperature gauge. More on this in a subsequent post.
A front wheel speed sensor:
Required to use the digital speedometer on the YZF-R125 clocks.
A shift light:
As the Ignitech ECU has a provision for this, it would be a shame not to use it. I decided to build the shiftlight into the YZF-R125 clocks.
I'll try to post a detailed write-up on the modifications I made to the YZF-R125 clocks in the near future.